Sunday, May 5, 2013

Divination

 I like to throw the I-Ching.  Especially when I'm in some kind of inexplicable state where I just need some advice or commentary, some insight from something that is potentially beyond this everyday realm of existence.  Last night I threw hexagram #17, Following, and got the 5th changing line, 'Sincere in the good.  Good fortune.' with the added explanation, "Every man must have something he follows--something that serves him as a lodestar.  He who follows with conviction the beautiful and the good may feel himself strengthened by this saying."  I think I have lost my lodestar.  If you find it could you please return it to our place?  Thanks.







1 comment:

Kat said...

dear alice,
I have been thinking of you a lot these past days. I have been mulling. and thinking about lodestars. and stars. and you. and how you share your own light with those around you--near and distant.

i want to say more, but first i must ask, what would you say WAS your lodestar, if you can put a name to it?

xoxox