Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall chills

It is freezing here today, so Stuart and I are stuck inside transplanting flowers to overwinter. The days are quickly getting shorter and our crops are quickly dying off. Stuart is trying to mow down everything in sight, so I've taken to dressing clover and myself in reflective gear to be on the safe side. We're off the the beach for four whole days (hallelujah!) and we can't wait to don swimwear and stare into the void of the ocean. I can't help but think of all the spiritual analogies and metaphors people use when referring to the ocean. Too many Thich Nhat Hanh books I guess. Here are some pictures from Swan Island Dahlias out in Oregon. It was hard to stay sane looking at these sweet flowers and how many there were not being cut. We will always grow dahlias, even if we just break even on them. Ours are just starting to look good and get some stem length on them. We have a wedding this weekend that is going to be really nice as we have echinacea, dahlias, lisianthus, and a few others. I'm going to try and work in some persimmon branches.



No comments: